Friday, January 9, 2009

Back At Work Already?

Today is 6 weeks, (oops, I mean 5 weeks), post-transplant and I am back at work preparing for the school year. I've been in lots of meetings and planning sessions. There are no students on campus yet so it is a good ramp up period and a chance for me to build up my energy level. I am surprised at how good I feel. I have gotten tired for a few moments but then got rejuvenated. I was exhausted at the end of the day and went to bed early last night. It is good to be back and I feel like I am getting stronger everyday.


I need to walk more to build up my stamina. It takes very little for me to get winded. I know I need to be patient with my body to recover from major surgery. This is the only big surgery I've had other than child birth and I had too much else to think about to even remember my own recovery.


I continue to be grateful and amazed at the miraculous event that is transforming my life. Because I was able to function semi-normally while sick and on dialysis, I am gradually getting a better appreciation of how my health is being restored. I continue to thank God for sending Kristen into my life with a willingness to give of herself in such a huge way.


Posted by Staci

No comments:

Post a Comment