Friday, January 9, 2009

Ouch...It Hurts


Sunday, July 27, 2008

Picture of my friends Mary Kay Anderson and Donna Fettig visiting me yesterday.
I haven't blogged lately, mostly because I've just been focusing on healing which for me means a lot of resting. My days go by very slowly. I'm still waking up a few times a night in some pain or just uncomfortable. Recently I've had a lot of pain in a new area on my left side so I'm constantly trying to find the best position for my body to be in. As it turns out, it's laying flat on my back on my bed. I've never spent so much time in bed. I was watching a lot of tv when I first came home but now I find that I'd rather have some peace and quiet. I haven't had a lot of visitors lately. Jason thinks I've discouraged everyone...maybe he's right. With the new pain I've been having, it's put me in a bit of a funk. I'm just really wanting the days and weeks of recovery to speed up, but real time is not cooperating. I talk to Staci often which helps. I can't imagine not having the relationship I have with her. It keeps everything in perspective for me.
I still have had meals delivered to our family every other night. That ends this week but I'm so thankful to everyone who helped in this way. Knowing that my family's dinner was taken care of made me feel good. It's a mom thing.
Next weekend I'd like to be able to be up and around more. I have some events to attend if I'm up to it so I'm praying for that to happen. However, I'm being a very compliant patient and keeping myself at rest as much as possible for maximum healing (Hi Dr. Perez!).
Posted by Kristen

No comments:

Post a Comment