Friday, January 9, 2009

It's the little things...

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Things I've noticed or been able to do since the transplant...


Make tinkle after about 3 years of not. (And lots of it! :-> )


Sleep on the window side of the bed with my windows open


Eat cheese, drink orange juice, & eat ice cream!!!


My skin is at least 3 shades lighter due to the decrease toxins trapped in my body.


I named my new kidney "Kris". A good androgynous name since its "man-sized".


I am learning how to manage the 10 types of meds that I have to take each day.


I have been blessed with no pain beyond muscle soreness.


I have made the most amazing new friends in Kristen and her family!


I am blessed to be surrounded by my parents and friends who are willing and able to pamper me. Special thanks to Carleton!


My kidney function (creatnine) was 1.3 as of 7/17 which is the top of the normal range! My hemaglobin and hematocrit are also normal. I've been severely anemic for the past 4 years. It takes me all summer to rest for the next school year.


I believe in miracles more than ever!

Posted by Staci

1 comment:

  1. The Bull Fighter said...
    I am so happy for your new lease on life! What an experience, huh? I received a kidney transplant 7.5 years ago. I remember when I woke up from surgery it felt so much like I was pregnant...swollen belly...and having to pee ALL THE TIME! But I pee gratefully none the less! Good luck in your new journey! Rachel

    ReplyDelete