Friday, January 9, 2009

One More Week

Wow...only one week until our surgery. I have to admit that even though I've been extremely busy, I think about our surgery all the time. And I've also found myself feeling very comtemplative about my life in general. I didn't expect this experience to be so life-changing for ME. But the closer I get to July 8th, the more I find myself examining my life, my relationships, and my faith. It's been an awesome journey!


I don't feel nervous about the procedure itself. I feel very confident that everything will go well. We'll be in the very accomplished hands of the UCDMC doctors. I'm just a bit anxious about everything I need to do before the surgery. You know, things like getting my hair and nails done (duh!)...and of course, lots of work stuff.


Tomorrow is our pre-op at UCDMC. Staci and I will be all over the campus together for our appointments. I can't wait to see her again. In the few times I've been able to see Staci since we found out I'm a match, I've been amazed at the deep connection we have. I love her dearly and feel so blessed to have this opportunity we've been given.

Posted by Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Janice Seal said...
    Hey Girl,

    Was so great to see you last night. You had such a peace and joy knowing that today you were taking such a huge leap of faith to follow that desire God placed in your heart to help another. You are in surgery as I write this and I wanted you to know how many people love you and are praying for both you and Staci for the best possible outcome. Thank you for all your love and support over the past year. It has meant the world to me and I hope in some small way I can be of some support now...although I doubt very much you need it girl! You are the bomb. And don't think you can play the "i only have one kidney" sympathy card on me when it's time to go sky diving...life has only just begun.

    hugs n kisses.....janice

    ReplyDelete