Friday, January 9, 2009

Transplant Success!!



5:40 PM - Great news! Dr. Troppmann just came down to advise that Staci’s surgery is complete and Kristen’s kidney was a perfect specimen… already produced a quart of urine while she was on the operating table! Needless to say, the transplant has been a huge success. Both of our families are ecstatic.



At this time, Staci has just come into the Recovery Room… she is doing very well. Kristen has already seen a few family members, and she was thrilled to know that her kidney is working well. And of course, her remaining kidney is also functioning perfectly. Her biggest concern seemed to be what we did all day and if we ate enough…



Thanks again for everyone’s support, thoughts, and prayers. We have sincerely appreciated your e-mails and words of encouragement throughout the day, and I am saving them to read to Kristen tomorrow. It’s very touching. I’m sure that Kristen will dictate something for me to write for her some time tomorrow on the blog.


Posted by Jason Weckworth


5 comments:

  1. Jason & Shannon Devine said...
    WOW!!! Kristen you are among my list of heroes! One can give many gifts that are memorable...you, have given the gift that is UNFORGETTABLE!!! The gift of life! The bond you and Staci have created will only grow stronger! I wish you the BEST and I pray for a quick recovery! Jason & I have been praying for your journey to giving this most incredible gift and we will continue to do so! God Bless you and Staci!

    Much Love from your NC fans!

    Shannon & Jason Devine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christel said...
    Good morning Kristen,
    How absolutely wonderful! You and Jason are awesome – such an inpiration! Bebe has kept me posted plus I kept checking in on the blog.

    In talking with Bebe last night I told her that I had always wanted to donate “something” and that I was registered with DMV for years but sadly I was too old to do what you did. Well she said I should “go for it” and now I need to know how to “go for it.” I’m a regular blood donor and believe fiercely in doing what I can to save lives.

    I’m praying for your speedy recovery, Kristen, and hope to see you soon.

    Love ya!

    Christel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodien said...
    Wishing you both speedy recoveries! Our thoughts and prayers are with you awesome ladies.

    The WEC EDH Office

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ellen said...
    Kristen you are an inspiration to so many people around you. I know Bebe looks up to you, I can hear it everytime she talks to me aobut ANYTHING you're doing in your life. You are truly her hero (and also a hero to many other people).

    Staci, I am hoping for a non-complicated recovery for you. I am hopeful and excited for you and your family to be able to move forward in life now. I can imagine how tiring it is to be "tired of being tired"... hmmm, well, I think you know what I am trying to say.

    You are in my prayers still.

    xoxo
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane said...
    Hi Kristen and Staci!

    We are so happy to hear that all went well. You are both truly inspirational ladies! May God bless both of you in your recovery and in your lives.

    Love, Mike & Diane Foos

    ReplyDelete